Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Joys of Conservatism



As I speak to Americans with young children, I hear a concern for the world in which their children will be raised. They fear the indoctrination by Hollywood and the persistent infiltration of liberal ideologies flowing through the American Public School System. Pornography has entered the mainstream. It used to be hidden behind the tinted windows of adult bookstores, now they stare at you from behind the convenient store counter when you pick up a gallon of milk. Our children are bombarded with images of sex, violence, terrorism, homosexuality, infidelity, corruption, and almost anything imaginable on the television. I understand what these parents are saying about the world and what it will be like for their children. I'm not concerned so much with what it will be as I am with what it is now. You see, I can do something now that will make it better for the future. That is the joy of being a conservative.
As a conservative, I cherish the ideologies of freedom, justice, and liberty. Did you know there are those in our America that want to remove these fundamentals of a prosperous society? I came across a list of plans called the "Communist Goals of 1963", and you would be dumbfounded as an American to see this list. Twenty-seven of the forty-five items have already been implemented with seven more being actively worked on by various groups. Now, you will not find many citizens who claim to be a communist. Those who hold to the ideology of communism are subtle, appearing to the common person as a liberal Democrat, moderate Republicans, ACLU members, liberal activists, and the like. Before you start screaming at the screen and calling me crazy, compare the Communist Goals of 1963 with the agenda of these groups. I think anyone who has an ounce of common sense can figure this one out!
I am not going to waste my energy going over the finite details of their agenda. They simply see a world in which there are only two groups - the governmental powers and the helpless individuals for which the government exists and provides their every need. That is where I differ! As a conservative and like my proud American forefathers, I believe the government should play a very limited role in our lives. "We the people" should be, without the intrusion of government into every aspect of our lives, allowed to live in harmony with each other with our freedom. Justice has been tainted by greed, power, and political agendas. A conservative believes that every human has the right to live and the right to gain prosperity through free enterprise and capitalism. A conservative believes that we ourselves hold the responsibility to make ourselves prosperous without the need or requirement of exterior assistance. A true conservative believes that we all have the right to state what we desire to speak. I must stop for a second to say that conservatives also believe in the value of commen sense! Of course, there are limits to what we should say publicly. As a Christian, I understand the value of morals and obstaining from words of hatred, false statements, greed, disrespect, and so forth. We do not need laws for these things. We simply need common sense. Common sense and contentment would solve a myriad of today's problems.
Liberals believe, and very intently, that there are certain individuals that simply cannot improve their status in life and must be assisted by the government. These individuals are provided a place to live, food to eat, and an allowance for clothing. They are clumped together in housing projects or areas of a town or city with mediocre to poor living conditions, and they find themselves in a rut of life in which they cannot seem to remove themselves. Since Christianity teaches the principles of love, freedom, morality, self-control, and contentment, liberals try to remove Christianity from the arena of public life, as it prohibits the progress of their political agenda. With Christianity, you learn the value of hard work and gain the hope of a better life (both physically and spiritually). With liberalism, you learn to become dependent on others for your status in life with little to no hope of advancement in life. One begins to accept that this way of life is their lot they have been dealt. Liberalism is a system of corruption and injustice.
Even on my worst days as a conservative, I have more joy in my heart and soul than all liberals combined. On the many occasions that I have conversed with liberal-thinking individuals, I find nothing but hatred, sadness, hopelessness, and bitterness. There is a joy you can receive only when you exert the energy to make your life better. There is little joy, if any, in knowing that a government is taking care of you (a.k.a. controlling you).
If you are reading this today and you find that you have aligned your life with that of the ideals of liberals, realize that you are following the path of socialism and communism (see the link above). That was the path of the former USSR, and even though they were freed from communism, that time in history has taken its toll on the people of Russia. Under communism, fear and hopelessness flowed like a river through the people. If you love freedom and your life in America, you must turn to conservatism to gain the hope of a future lined with freedom, justice, and liberty.
If you are reading this today as a conservative, stand and fight! We must fight to hold to our freedom. There is a battle raging to remove our freedom. Our national sovereignty is at stake. America is the only force in this world holding the United Nations from taking control of the entire world. Our forefathers fought hard, shed their own blood, and some died paupers (financially broke) to see that we had freedom and justice! I say that I will do the same to make certain that my children enjoy the same freedoms we are meant to enjoy. The joys of conservatism keep me going each day. My desire is to return to an America that stands with love for God, denounces the evil of pornography and sensual pleasures that destroy our children and families, protects each other, exhibits contentment over greed, practices personal responsibility, and lowers taxes and limits government at all levels. I know we can obtain it if we work together for each other and not simply ourselves (and our wallets). Let us become our forefathers!
May each of you enjoy a wonderful and joyous Christmas season this year with your families!

No comments: